The latest summer nail trends are crazy cute, and we are dishing them out just for you.
Bright, bold graphics, rainbows, candy swirls, and mix-match abstracts are all the rage.
You can get the look at a salon or get creative on your own with these tips. If you’re feeling really brave, grab multiple colors and a nail dotting tool or toothpicks. Let’s get started!
Easy At-Home Summer Nail Prep
There are so many cute trends happening right now in the manicure world that it’s difficult to choose just one. We’ve chosen some of our faves to share with you. With the proper tools, these styles are super doable at home.
Always begin a mani by washing your hands and gently pushing your cuticles back. Then, trim and file nails to your desired length.
Apply a base coat to prevent the nail art from staining your natural nails. A base coat also helps your nail color last longer. Allow the base coat to dry for about two minutes before applying nail color.
Each layer of nail polish should completely dry before applying any additional coats. This will help prevent those nasty smudges.
Always apply a top coat over your dry masterpiece for a glossy finish. You will follow all of the above basic instructions for whichever nail design you choose.
Hello, gorgeous graphics! The graphic nail is in and we are all about it. Creating this look doesn’t need to be as tricky as it looks. Clear tape will be your best friend when creating lines, zig-zags, and checkered patterns.
- Plan your design. Figure out which linear design you love and stick with it.
- Choose at least two different colors of polish.
- After applying your base coat and allowing it to dry, cut small pieces of tape and lay them directly onto your nail in whichever direction you’d like. Once the tape is on top of your fingernail, paint the exposed part in the color of your choice. Wait for it to completely dry.
- Once the polished side of the nail is dry, slowly remove the tape. We can’t stress how important it is to let the paint dry completely before removing the tape. If it’s not dry, you’ll be in for one big graphic mess. Continue this process until your nails are painted in various color blocks.
Quick Tip: You can paint your whole nail in one color first. After it dries, apply the tape in sections and paint in various colors. Be creative. There is no right or wrong here. Clean up areas around your nail with a q-tip dipped in nail polish remover.
Heavy Metal Nails
Metallic chrome nails are on-trend and ready for summer. Make the most of your chrome claws by applying two coats of your favorite chrome shade for a heavy metal look. Top with two coats of a glossy top coat for a super shiny finish.
Upgrade your favorite color by adding a French chrome touch. Paint your nails with two coats of your favorite color. After it dries, place tape at the top of the nail to create a guide for a French tip. Paint the tip in chrome gold or silver for a flash of glam. Wait until it dries before removing the tape.
Complete your mani with a top coat for a shiny finish. Voila! You’ve just created a modernized French tip.
Quick Tip: Create a reverse French tip by following the above steps but painting the bottom of your nail rather than the top.
Pastel Polka Dots
Pastels and polka dots are getting the five-star treatment in 2021, and it’s time to take notice. Gather two or more of your favorite pastel polishes and a dotting tool kit or toothpicks to create this look.
- Apply the base coat and allow it to dry completely.
- Paint your nails the perfect pastel color or polish each one in a different color. Allow your nails to completely dry.
- If you’re using a dotting tool, dip the tip of the metal tool into your wet polish and carefully dot it onto your nails. Continue this process all over your nails.
- Have a toothpick handy? Dip the tip of the toothpick into the wet nail polish, and dot it onto your nails. Create designs evenly or randomly for a fierce nail.
Quick Tip: Wipe the nail tool or toothpick onto a paper towel between dots. You don’t want too much paint on the tool, or it could get messy. Use different pastel colors or metallics to create your dotted dimensional masterpiece.
Rainbow Colored Nails
We may not have found the pot of gold yet, but the rainbow trend is super rich this summer.
Create a kaleidoscope of color by gathering your favorite rainbow shades of polish.
- Apply the base coat and allow it to dry completely.
- Apply one or two coats of white-colored polish and allow it to dry completely.
- Grab a plastic lid or paper plate and paint red, yellow, blue, and purple side by side, with the colors very slightly overlapping.
- Carefully press a makeup sponge into the colors so that they absorb into the sponge.
- Apply the sponge to your fingernail and dab gently, being careful not to rub back and forth too much. Otherwise, the colors will blend too much and turn to a solid dark shade.
- Repeat step five about three times, providing a few minutes between each layer to dry.
- Apply a top coat for a shiny finish.
Quick Tip: This nail design can get messy, so be prepared with polish remover and a few q-tips. Dip your q-tips into the polish remover and remove any polish on the skin around your fingers.
Summer Nail Finale
In addition to the above 2021 trends, many others are also taking a leap into stardom this summer. The salon doesn’t have to be your only choice for a perfect mani anymore.
Glamnetic press-on nail sets come in a variety of choices from chrome, holographic, and animal print to ombre and French designs. Choose your favorite set or grab a bundle so that you can have glam nails all summer long.
Glamnetic press-on nail sets are easy to apply, waterproof, reusable, and chip-proof. You can get perfectly manicured nails at home anytime. Choose your shape, color, and style by taking the nail quiz. This quiz will match you to your perfect nail type.
With so many options for gorgeous IG photo-ready nails, there’s no reason why you can’t have the summer 2021 nails you crave.