Did you see it? The Met Gala this year was pure GOLD. And we’re not just talking about the theme, which was ‘Gilded Glamour’.
The theme was inspired by the post-Civil War to pre-WW1 Era in New York. And in typical New York fashion, there were tons of iconic moments from designers and celebrities alike.
Today, we’re going to be recapping our fave celebrity makeup looks. Plus, we’ll teach you how to get them for yourself. Let’s go!
Meghan The Stallion: Sleek On Fleek
Meghan Thee Stallion showed up fierce as always. Makeup artist, Lauren Child, dolled her up in a stunningly sleek gold and black winged smoky eye look. And get this. They used all REVLON products! You can find the full list on her Instagram post!
Here’s how to get this Met Gala makeup look.
- Create a winged outline using a kohl liner and angular eyeliner brush. Smudge and slightly inward, bringing it halfway into the crease at the top and down to your waterline at the bottom.
- Next, take a shimmery golden eyeshadow color and apply it to the lid from the inner corner of your eyelid to make an inside wing in the void of the black outline. Don’t forget to get your brow bone too!
- Add a striking black eyeliner and your favorite cat-eye lashes.
- You can pull the whole look together with some bronzer and lined nude lip.
Vanessa Hudgens: Sultry Smokeshow
Vanessa Hudgens broke necks, with her super sexy Moschino dress and a soft- yet sultry smokey eye. Her makeup was done by makeup artist, Tonya Brewer. Here’s how to get this celebrity makeup look from the 2022 Met Gala.
Her eyeshadow look is relatively simple, but it still makes a statement and perfectly complimented her beautiful brown eyes using Pat McGrath Labs products.
- Start by giving yourself a subtle smokey eye with neutral browns and just an ounce of black eye shadow at the outer corner.
- Line your eyes with a slight wing, blending into the smokey eye. Also, line your bottom lash line and smudge for a soft and smoked-out look.
- Finish the eyes off with a long, wispy lash.
- Add contour and a nude lip to pull everything together.
Blake Lively: Complimentary Coppertone
Blake Lively lit up the room in her stunning transformative dress that was inspired by the oxidation of Lady Liberty. She was wearing Charlotte Tilbury exclusively, even debuting a new bonzer that won’t be coming out until later this month.
Her eye look complimented her dress and her eyes with a classic sole-shade copper look. Here’s how to do it.
- Blend a copper shade all over your lid. Blake is wearing the Pillow Talk Luxury Pallet of Pops to accentuate her blue eyes.
- Don’t forget to highlight the brow bone and inner corner of the eye for that extra pop!
- Finish up with a volumizing mascara or some natural magnetic lashes for some extra oomph.
- Add some pink-nude lip gloss, highlighter, and bronzer, and you’re all set for the red carpet.